We hope you and your family are staying healthy under the current COVID-19 situation.
Since most NEU members are still working from home and in person meeting are not possible, we have scheduled a NEU Webinar for Thursday, November 12, 2020 from 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM. Our objective is to update you on the following important issues:
- Imminent Risk of Legislative & Regulatory Rate Hikes:
- Costly Energy Legislation — A revised, even more expensive Clean Energy Jobs Act is being pushed for Veto Session, which starts November 17;
- ComEd Rate Increases — ComEd has filed its Rate Design Investigation and proposed double-digit rate increases for large customers; and
- NICOR Storage Restraints & Penalties — Staff and intervenor testimony is to be filed on November 5.
- Energy Markets Outlook:
- Winter natural gas market supply and demand situation.
Mark your calendar and plan to participate. Russ Paluch will be emailing a GoTo meeting invite with the login details shortly.
I have also attached the October NEU Regulatory and Energy Price Bulletin. The bulletin contains an overview of ComEd’s 2020 Rate Design Investigation filing with the Illinois Commerce Commission.
Contact Russ for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org